It does not matter whether your car is old or new. It will eventually need tune up services in Prince George. An auto repair specialist can provide preventative engine maintenance, which covers replacing filters, wires, spark plugs, and other parts, which may have worn out. If your vehicle is older, a tune-up specialist may adjust its ignition timing, too. Certain symptoms will tell you that your car is already due for a tune-up. Here are five of them:
1. Difficulty starting – Frequent start-up troubles could mean a number of issues, like a worn fuel pump or a weak battery, but this could be a sign of an ignition problem, which a tune-up service can fix. Take your car to a certified mechanic for proper diagnosis.
2. Rough acceleration or idling, and knocking sounds – You will know that your engine has become inefficient when the car knocks when climbing or accelerating. You may need to take it for a tune-up if it roughly idles or accelerates.
3. Poor gas mileage – Low fuel efficiency is another sign that a tune up service is due. Take your car to Rivers Edge Services for a tune-up, which should improve the fuel efficiency and performance of your vehicle.
4. Frequent or occasional stalling – Dirty connectors or faulty spark plugs could make your car stall while it is running.
5. It is required by the manufacturer – Even if the car does not show any signs of symptoms of trouble, tune up services in Prince George may help prevent any trouble from happening at all. Car manufacturers recommend tuning up an old car with a non-electronic ignition every 10,000 to 20,000 miles, and new cars every 30,000 to 100,000 miles. Be sure to refer to the recommendations of your vehicle manufacturer for guidance. When in doubt, talk to a skilled mechanic here at Rivers Edge Services.